Saturday, March 10, 2012

The irony of monetizing


When I monetized my blog a few months ago, I didn’t really expect to make any money. So far, I’m on track to making that prophecy come true . . . I’ve made a whopping $2.19 based on the click-through traffic my blog has generated.

Seeing the ads that Google places on my site has been a fairly benign experience so far since most are national ads that are targeting the demographics of my followers (of which I have three!).

What I didn’t expect was a Christian singles ad being randomly placed above my Tenacious D post, like this:



Does anyone else see the irony here? I guess if Freddie can sing about Jesus and Beelzebub within a couple of albums of each other, why not have “Jesus” and “Beelzeboss” co-mingle on the same blog page?

Maybe my prophecy of having a Church of Satan singles ad placed above a post of All God’s People might actually be in the cards.

Postscript — I spoke too soon. Another Christian display ad shows up while I’m previewing my blog post: 






What is going on with the online singles Christian community? It looks like Satan is taking a beating on the match-up front.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment